VirTra, Inc.'s Subscription Training & Equipment Partnership (STEP) program allows agencies to utilize VirTra’s unique, certified, simulation training on a subscription basis. The subscription model lowers the barrier to entry for law enforcement agencies with more restricted budgets, thereby potentially increasing VirTra’s total addressable market, and has the potential to substantially increase VirTra’s recurring revenue. This new model, when combined with VirTra’s traditional, hardware-centric sales model through distribution channels, provides the company with greater flexibility to cater to the market’s needs and customer preferences.
STEP enables agencies to benefit from VirTra’s systems, software, interactive coursework, training academy, and accessories in a more cost-effective manner than previously offered. STEP provides a comprehensive and customizable training solution to law enforcement departments of all sizes and is the industry’s only subscription-based law enforcement training program of its kind.
The STEP program enables more departments to sustain a long-term training program for the perishable skills critical to law enforcement and public safety by offering VirTra’s effective training solutions on a monthly, quarterly or annual subscription basis. STEP provides options to drastically reduce up-front costs and allows for quicker deployment, easier upgrades, and more accessibility, all while being highly scalable. STEP alleviates funding and time constraints on agencies and, for many, solves their most pressing and critical training needs while providing a convenient, turnkey solution from a one-stop shop.
STEP is a customizable solution that allows an agency to select a combination of equipment, software training solutions, and tools that best fit its training needs and budget.
- V-VICTA interactive coursework (Law Enforcement only), which provides IADLEST certified coursework that accompanies the scenarios
- Immersive training simulators such as V-300 (pictured), V-180, V-ST or portable single screen V-100
- Patented stress inducing Threat-Fire training tool
- Hundreds of training scenarios, skill drills, and courses of fire all with branching options
- V-Marksmanship, which provides advanced skill drills training
- Patented and highly realistic drop-in recoil kits for the most widely used firearms
- V-Author, VirTra’s exclusive software tool that allows customers to edit, create, or author training scenarios from scratch with their own characters or scenery
- TASER, OC spray and low-light training support
After selecting the training options that meet its needs, an agency may also partner with VirTra for additional services. The ongoing partnership with VirTra includes dedicated VirTra training coordinators, training courses, additional interactive certified coursework, scenarios, and support maintenance and is offered as a subscription for a minimum of one year. The combination of all these high-tech simulation capabilities will help ensure top-quality training for agencies.