The ultimate basic and advanced handgun program for the public or private personal protector. A sophisticated, all-encompassing shooting course designed for all aspects of personal protection by the Executive Protection Institute. A program designed to teach the unique skills necessary for concealed carry and the precise use of a handgun in all applicable protective situations.
- The Fundamentals of Handguns
- Proper Operation
- Proper Maintenance and Storage
- Shooting Techniques
- Multiple Target Engagement
- Shooting From Various Positions
- Reactions to Attacks: Foot Movement
- Concealed Carry Proper Draw and Fire Skills
- Holsters, Weapons and Equipment Choices
- Reduced Light Operations
- Shooting Scenarios: Evacuation and Formation Drills and Exercises
- Walking and Protective Shooting Style and Techniques
- Final Shooting Qualification
Program tuition includes: Classroom instruction, hands-on shooting and instruction on a live-fire range, special program notebook and certificates issued by the Executive Protection Institute. Lodging and ammunition are not included.
Students may bring their own weapons and equipment or utilize school weapons, magazines, pouches, holsters, flashlights, shooting glasses and protective hearing devices.
This program meets and exceeds the Personal Protection Specialist Basic and Advanced Handgun Course (07E and 09E) required by the Virginia State D.C.J.S. requirement to perform as an Armed Personal Protection Specialist with a concealed handgun permit in the Commonwealth of Virginia.