Rave Aware from Rave Mobile Safety is new solution for Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) data sharing. Rave Aware uniquely offers a cost-effective, secure and interoperable approach for agencies across jurisdictions and on different CAD platforms to share data, collaborate on response and ultimately improve first responder safety and response times.Increasingly, public safety agencies recognize the need to seamlessly share situational intelligence across agency boundaries to speed response, reduce crime and improve responder safety. In fact, a recent public safety survey conducted by Rave found that better information sharing between different agencies and departments was one of the top changes first responders and emergency professionals say would give them more confidence in their agency or department’s ability to improve public safety. However, sharing relevant CAD-incident data across jurisdictions or even between primary and secondary public safety answering points (PSAPs) is difficult. Data definitions vary across CAD systems with no commonly adopted format, legacy systems do not support modern interfaces and point-to-point CAD integrations are costly and fragile, breaking when any agency upgrades or modifies a component.
To solve for these challenges, Rave developed Rave Aware, a secure cloud-based data aggregation platform that allows agencies to publish real-time CAD incident data in their preferred format for rules-based processing, notifications and permission-based cross-agency sharing. This hub-and-spoke model simplifies integration and lowers total cost of ownership by not requiring point-to-point connections between disparate CAD systems or third-party tools.
By facilitating interoperability between CAD systems and enabling interagency data sharing, Rave Aware provides game-changing benefits to 9-1-1 call centers and emergency response agencies, including fire, EMS, police and major urban fusion centers. The solution provides agencies and departments charged with public safety with several benefits, including:
- Improved first responder safety and increased situational awareness for incidents across jurisdictions, such as a multi-alarm fire, major interstate crash, active string of crimes, severe weather, active pursuit of wanted person, missing person search and more
- Reduced time transferring calls and incident data between agencies leveraging system interoperability instead of manual time-intensive processes
- Best-in-class speed, deliverability and reliability of call-out notifications via SMS, voice, email or applications based on automated rules leveraging any elements in the CAD incident data
- Support for expanded or alternate dispatch workflows, including mental health or domestic violence incidents
- Web-based incident mapping for permission-based viewing of incidents across authorized agencies
- Real-time CAD incident data search for visibility into regional incidents
- Innovative hub-and-spoke model that maps localized definitions into the Emergency Incident Data Object (EIDO) standards-based format for incident data sharing
- Secure user management and permission model to ensure that agencies have control over what incident data is shared with what agencies
- Secure public safety grade, Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) compliant, multi-tenant cloud aggregation hub that meets strict security requirements
- Tactical incident collaboration with task management and assignments to ensure compliance to incident response protocols