The National Economic Security Alliance (NESA), a nonpartisan IRS designated 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is delighted to announce the establishment of the William H. Webster Profiles in Leadership Awards in conjunction with Judge Webster’s 97th Birthday.
“I am deeply honored and humbled by the establishment of the William H. Webster Profiles in Leadership Awards program by the National Economic Security Alliance, along with the incredible group of highly respected leaders who compose the awards program organizing committee and the nominating committees for each sector of these awards,” said Judge Webster.
The Honorable William H. Webster has an unparalleled record of patriotic service to his fellow citizens, which includes serving as:
- Officer in the U.S. Navy during World War II and the Korean War
- U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri
- District Court Judge for the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Circuit Court Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Third Director of the FBI
- Twelfth Director of the CIA
- Chairman of the Secretary’s Homeland Security Advisory Council at the Department of Homeland Security
Judge Webster has served this nation with honor, dignity and integrity for seven decades and is the recipient of America’s most prestigious civilian awards, including: The Presidential Medal of Freedom, National Security Medal, Distinguished Intelligence Medal and Homeland Security Distinguished Service Medal.
The William H. Webster Profiles in Leadership Awards program mirrors Judge Webster’s illustrious career by establishing sectors which match each of the important leadership positions he has held:
- Military/Defense Sector Former Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, James “Sandy” Winnefeld, Admiral United States Navy (ret.), Nominating Committee Chair
- Prosecutorial Community Sector Former United States Attorney General Michael Mukasey, Nominating Committee Chair
- Judiciary Sector Senior District Court Judge Royce Lamberth, Federal District Court for the District of Columbia, Nominating Committee Chair - Law Enforcement Sector
- Federal Former TSA Administrator John Pistole, Nominating Committee Chair
- State, Local, Tribal & Territorial Former NYPD Commissioner William Bratton, Nominating Committee Chair
- Intelligence Community Sector Former Director of National Intelligence Michael McConnell, Admiral United States Navy (ret.) , Nominating Committee Chair
- Homeland Security Sector Former Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff, Nominating Committee Chair
The Chairs of each of the nominating committees have selected an outstanding cross section of leaders of the highest caliber to serve on their committees. They are all dedicated to making the William H. Webster Profiles in Leadership Awards one of the most prestigious leadership awards in government (the complete list of participants on the various committees can be found on the NESA website: www.4nesa.org).
“This newly established awards program is designed to honor those in government service who have demonstrated the extraordinary leadership attributes for which Judge Webster is so highly regarded. We felt that, based on the current environment in our country, it was the appropriate time to launch this special awards program, when highlighting examples of great leaders is of such importance,” said Lynn Mattice, President and Founder of the National Economic Security Alliance.
The NESA is seeking donations to support the design and production of the actual awards that will be given to honorees as well as the inaugural awards program ceremony which will be held in 2021, (as pandemic conditions allow) where all honorees will be recognized. Ironically, the economic security of the National Economic Security Alliance itself is dependent on donations from engaged parties that wish to make a difference.
Tax deductible donations can be made directly on the NESA website at: www.4nesa.org; checks can be mailed to: National Economic Security Alliance 344 Maple Avenue West Suite 233 Vienna, VA 22180
Other forms of donations and in-kind support can be made by contacting NESA’s President, Mr. Lynn Mattice at [email protected] or by calling 202.288.2232
Note: As a nonpartisan IRS designated 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity, donations to the National Economic Security Alliance are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by Federal, State and Local tax codes. The NESA is dedicated to safeguarding the economic security of our great nation.