New Features for the 2017 Model
- Front Interior Visor Light Bar – a super low-profile warning light bar fully integrated into the top of the windshield
- Police Engine Idle feature – allows you to leave the engine running and prevents your vehicle from unauthorized use when outside of your vehicle. Allows the key to be removed from ignition while vehicle remains idling
- Police Silent Mode – When activated, courtesy lamps, chimes and Daytime Running Lamps are disabled (user configurable)
- Power Distribution Lug – is more upfit friendly! Repositioned with its new location behind the 2nd row passenger side floorboard for easier access
QUICKEST AND FASTEST UTILITY*
Armed with the 365-hp** EcoBoost V63 and standard AWD, it out-accelerates the competition’s V8-equipped utility (and all base V6-powered sedans too).* In the most recent official tests by the Michigan State Police and Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, this Police Interceptor clocked the quickest 0-60-mph and 0-100-mph acceleration times, the fastest quarter-mile time, the best top speed in the quarter mile, and the fastest average lap time compared to all utility vehicles.* Dominant is the word for it.
An intimidating presence, offering commanding views and more. Front seats feature slim, uniquely shaped bolsters that enable officers to quickly get in, get going and get out. Those minimized bolsters supply ample room for a holstered pistol (left- or right-hand). To allow for a finessed fit, the 6-way power driver’s seat is standard. Reconfigure the rear 60/40 split-fold bench as desired, or fold it fully out of the way for 85.1 cu. ft. of load space and a 1,630-lb. standard payload capacity. Devices and dogs can be kept cooler with the auxiliary air conditioning.*** The liftgate release switch in the overhead console is not only handy, but helps provide added security by relocking the mechanism after 45 seconds if unopened. A rear view camera with washer is standard – the camera display in the 4" center-stack LCD screen is standard too, or choose to have that display in the rearview mirror as a no-charge option.
It’s purpose-built in the U.S.A.**** – engineered in Dearborn and assembled in Chicago. As a cost-control measure, a number of components on the Utility are identical to the Sedan. The standard 3.7L V6 and available 3.5L EcoBoost V6 share many parts for simplified service. This holds true for the front seats and brakes. Furthermore, the Police Interceptor key doesn’t contain a microchip, meaning cost is minimal for copies and the entire fleet can run with one common design.
*Based on Michigan State Police and Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department test results for 2016 models.
**Horsepower and torque ratings achieved with 93-octane fuel.
****Assembled in the U.S.A. with domestic and foreign parts.
Other key technologies available on Ford Police Interceptor Utility:
- Ballistic shields built to Level III specifications determined by the National Institute of Justice Standard, factory installed in the driver and passenger doors for additional protection against gunfire
- SYNC, a hands-free information technology so officers can operate various communication and audio equipment by voice control
- Available Blind Spot Information System (BLIS), which uses two radar sensors located in the rear quarter panels to detect vehicles in the surrounding lanes. If a vehicle enters the driver’s blind spot zones, the system alerts the driver with a warning light in the sideview mirror
- Available cross-traffic alert, which uses existing BLIS radar modules to sense oncoming traffic when slowly backing out of a parking spot. The system functions only while the vehicle is in reverse and warns when cross traffic appears within three car-widths
- Available Reverse Sensing System, which emits an audible tone to alert the driver to certain objects up to 6 feet behind the vehicle