New for 2013 and building on the great heritage of the original PPQ, Walther Arms introduces the new PPQ M2 semi-automatic pistol. Designed to be a popular choice for both law enforcement and personal protection uses, the PPQ M2 is backed by Walther’s 130 years of dedication and technical expertise. The PPQ M2 is chambered in either 9mm or .40 S&W. The PPQ M2 features a striker fire action and is enhanced with a smooth pre-cocked trigger at a constant pull of 5.6 pounds for greater control and accuracy. With its short travel, light trigger pull and quick audible reset, the PPQ trigger design not only helps improve accuracy but also allows for a well-placed follow-up shot should the need arise.
Each PPQ M2 series comes standard with three different grip back straps to custom fit the firearm to the user’s hands. With its sleek design, matte black finish and ergonomical Walther grip, this is a great choice for personal protection or concealed carry.
With an overall length of 7.1 inches (180 mm) and a barrel length of 4 inches (102 mm), this lightweight German-engineered pistol is perfect for either right or left handed shooters as the traditional button magazine release is reversible and easily accessed from a standard grip. It only weighs 21 ounces and has a capacity of 15 rounds for the 9 mm model and 11 rounds for the .40 S&W model. As with all Walther handguns, safety is paramount as the PPQ M2 series pistol has 3 automatic safeties. On top of the barrel, the PPQ is standard with a three-dot sight configuration with an adjustable rear sight for accurate shot placement.
Additional features include a Picatinny-style equipment rail, loaded chamber indicator and tough polymer frame. For greater control and to improve handling of the firearm, the PPQ M2 includes front and rear slide serrations and an extended, ambidextrous slide stop. Manufactured to be easily and quickly disassembled and reassembled without the need of tools, the Walther PPQ is shipped complete with two magazines and a thumb loader. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the Walther PPQ-M ranges from $599 to $699.
- Caliber 9mm .40 S&W
- Magazine Capacity 15 rounds 11 rounds
- Trigger Action Quick Defense Trigger, pre -cocked , constant Trigger Pull
- Number of Safeties 3 automatic safeties
- Trigger Pull 5.6 lbs (25 N)
- Trigger Travel 0.3” (7 mm)
- Overall Length 7.1" (18 0 mm) 7.2" (184 mm)
- Width 1.3" (34 mm)
- Height 5.3" (135 mm)
- Barrel Length 4" (102 mm) 4.1" (106 mm)
- Sight Radius 6.1" (156 mm) 6.2" (158 mm)
- Trigger Reach: Distance Trigger to Backstrap 2.8" (72 mm)
- Grip Circumference 5.3" (134 mm)
- Distance from Center of Barrel to Hand 1" (25 mm)
- Weight with empty Magazine 1.5 lbs (695 g) 1.6 lbs (705g)
- Sights Adjustable 3-Dot Polymer Sights
- Sights (option ) Metal sights with self illumination 3 -Dot, Metal Tritium Night Sights 3 -Dot
- Frame Polymer
- Accessory Rail: Picatinny (MIL -STD-1913)
- Magazine Release: Traditional Reversible Thumb Magazine Release
- Ambidextrous Slide Stop Lever Yes