Lenexa, KS, March 3, 2020 - Kustom Signals, Inc. Vantage body-worn video camera can replace the standard wireless transmitter for Eyewitness HD in-car video. In this integrated system, Vantage cameras are associated with the in-car systems.
Features supported by this integration include:
- The Vantage body camera simultaneously records audio and video locally on the camera and transmits audio back real-time to the in-car system for recording with its video files. Never miss audio – if Vantage is out of range, it still records audio locally.
- Files from the two systems are automatically associated. These in-car associations allow synchronized playback of the files using the Eyewitness Data Vault file management system.
- The integration uses a local peer-to-peer network to allow bi-directional record activations. If the in-car system starts to record for any reason, it will activate a recording on up to two paired body cameras. Likewise, if a body camera is activated, it will start the in-car system recording – and start the second paired body camera recording (if present).
- Files from the body camera can be transferred wirelessly to the in-car system. They can also be transferred by docking the camera in the in-car docking station.
- Once Vantage files are transferred to the in-car system, they can be reviewed and tagged in the car, prior to being uploaded to the database.
- Once body camera files are transferred to the in-car system, they will transfer wirelessly to the database alongside the in-car files.
- Vantage in-car docking stations also support in-car charging.
Chris Abel, President of Kustom Signals, “This integration allows officers the opportunity to have fully integrated in-car and body-worn video protection with one less piece of equipment strapped to their uniform.”
About Kustom Signals, Your No Risk Partner:
Established in 1965, Kustom Signals, Inc., an MPD Inc. company, designs and manufactures a complete line of speed enforcement, speed awareness and in-car and body-worn video systems for law enforcement agencies. For more information, visit www.KustomSignals.com.
About MPD, Inc.
MPD, Inc. was established in 1987 and is headquartered in Owensboro, KY. MPD's customers include U.S. and foreign military services and their contractors, avionics manufacturers, law enforcement organizations, industrial companies and commercial concerns. For more information, visit www.MPDInc.com.