Schools are having to take an extra step in protecting their students and teachers in case of a potential active shooter. As a result schools are now implementing a single button lock down system of all doors during an active shooter emergency.
The LDO-700 Emergency Lock-Down Override Kit is designed to recognize Police and First Responders approaching a school’s exterior door and overriding the lock down system to get inside quickly. Once the Police or First Responder is inside, the door automatically relocks behind them.
1st Choice RFID’s hands-free RFID tag is permanently mounted to the Police or First Responder’s equipment belt and only allows entrance to the school during emergency situations.
- Compatible with all Access Control Systems
- Also provides simultaneous Serial and Wiegand protocols
- Small, lightweight, with low (12VDC) power draw
- Adjustable Tag read range (15’- 40’) with standard Omni-Directional Antenna
- Encrypted Transmission between Tags and Reader
- Unlimited First Responder Tag capacity
- Long Range RFID Tags will be provided to First Responders at "No Charge"
- Kit can also communicate with any Wiegand based Access Control Panel
The 1st Choice Long Range LDO-700 Reader Kit is designed to override Access Control Lock-Down Systems for K-12 Schools, Colleges, and Commercial Buildings and provide fast, handsfree, secure access for Police, Fire and Emergency Personnel who are responding to "Active Shooter" and other threats.
When a First Responder gets within 15'-40' of a "Locked-Down" Entrance Door, the LDO-700 will "by-pass" the lock-down and immediately let the Responder enter and then re-lock the door after they enter.
The LDO-700 Lock-Down Override Reader Kit includes a long range R-2000 RFID Reader with adjustable read range omnidirectional antenna; a timer relay module; a "lockable" NEMA4 enclosure; and a 12VDC power supply with battery back-up.
The LDO-700 Reader Kit will work with all 1st Choice T-9800, T-8000 and T-5000 Long Range Tags that can be sewn into a pouch on the Equipment Belt of Police and First Responders.