GammaTech Computer Corp., a major international manufacturer of rugged notebook and tablet computers, brings its DURABOOK S15AB rugged notebook to public safety professionals. Featuring a generous 15.6" full high-definition LCD display, the S15AB comes with Intel's latest generation Broadwell U Series CPU, up to 16GB of memory and the popular built-in DURABOOK toughness. Designed to withstand the harshest environments, the DURABOOK S15AB is ideal for applications found in the public safety industry.
"Built with Military Standards for drop, shock, spill and dust protection, the S15AB is designed for the difficult and demanding environments encountered by public safety professionals," said Tom Wang, GammaTech president. "Whether at the office or in-vehicle to the field, the S15AB notebook offers power, performance and reliability to meet the needs of today's law enforcement officers."
Latest Generation of Intel® Power
The unit features Intel's latest Broadwell U series CPU platform, a one-chip solution with a high-definition graphic engine, and featuring 15W low-power consumption. It supports Intel® vPro technology to meet mobility and security needs, and has a powerful Intel 5th Generation i-Core/Pentium CPU for better graphics, longer battery life, faster video conversions and stunning graphics.
Durable, Reliable and Secure
The DURABOOK S15AB rugged notebook is built to withstand large amounts of movement, jarring, and bumpy rides commonly experienced by law enforcement officials. The unit is tested to MIL-STD 810G for shock, drop and vibration resistance. Its C face – including keyboard, keypad, buttons, and indicators – offers spill protection. The unit also has a dust proof rating of IP-5X. With its magnesium alloy design, and military standards of drop, shock and spill resistance, the S15AB is designed to protect the system from mishaps that can occur at any time the unit is out on the job.
Privacy and confidentiality are important in the public safety sector. The S15AB offers a variety of security systems: TPM module data protection, a Kensington lock connector, and administrator and boot password control. It is also Computrace ready in case the unit is ever stolen.
An assortment of wireless communications methods keeps S15AB users in touch with the world. These include the integrated giga Ethernet, Intel dual-band wireless AC 7265, and an optional integrated M2 module (Type 3042) for WWAN/GPS EM7355/EM7305 module.
- Up to 16GB memory
- Ample HDD/SSD and ODD Storage
- Supports 2.5" 7mm or 9.5mm SATA3 HDD (500GB to approximately 1TB), or SSD (128GB to approximately 512GB)
- Optical disc drive or tray load Blu-ray drive writer with exclusive optical disk-tray lock that prevents unintentional tray eject from drop and vibration
- Compatible with following operating systems: Windows® 10 and Windows® 7 64-bit
- High-definition audio
- Variety of I/O ports with dust covers: two each USB 2.0 and 3.0 connectors, and one each head phone/MIC combo jack, RJ-45 jack for internal 10/100/1000 Ethernet, DC-in jack, 19-pin HDMI type A connector (resolution up to 4K), D-sub 9 pin RS-232 serial port, and 15-pin D-sub VGA port
- Lithium polymer battery pack with a battery life of 8.5 hours
- AC adapter
- Integrated handle on front for easy carrying