- Understand more about potentially inappropriate, insecure or unproductive web usage by users operating remotely on work-assigned devices
- Identify sites that host malware, cryptojacking scripts, phishing campaigns, or other dangerous content
- Prevent phishing attacks with policy-based blocking access to the infected domain, even if a user clicks on a malicious link in email, SMS or a mobile app
- Improve connectivity and network performance by setting policies that prevent access to bandwidth-heavy, non-work sites like Netflix or YouTube
- Gain insight and operational intelligence in MobileIQ on the risk level and category of web destinations accessed by mobile employees.
- Reputation is available immediately as a companion service to NetMotion Mobility and NetMotion MobileIQ. Subscription pricing is available on request.
NetMotion Software NetMotion Reputation is a new subscription service that identifies the risk profile and usage categories of hundreds of millions of web domains. Reputation allows IT teams to get visibility into user behavior, including a better understanding into access to risky or inappropriate cloud applications and websites. Customers can also block access if an end-user inadvertently clicks a malicious link in an SMS or mobile application - even when on cellular or public WiFi connections - which many network security services cannot prevent.
Reputation categorizes websites by site type, granting administrators visibility into potential violations of acceptable usage policies, such as adult content or unlicensed filesharing. The definition of “inappropriate” varies from workplace to workplace and team to team, so Reputation gives the level of detail necessary for IT to set policies tailored to their specific company and user base. For example, an airline will likely wish to prevent its employees from accessing weapons-related material, while a regional law enforcement agency may actively encourage it.
This release, which builds upon NetMotion Aware, is another step towards giving IT teams the same level of visibility and control of their remote workforce as they have for their traditional desktop infrastructure.
The Reputation service is powered by a contextual analysis and machine learning engine that crawls, classifies and categorizes millions of domains per day.