GL Communications Inc.'s enhanced SIP Protocol Emulator referred to as MAPS™ SIP Protocol Emulator helps users to generate and receive SIP. This press release is for MSRP Protocol Emulation for Session Based Instant Messaging implementation in MAPS™ SIP software version 8.4.20. Public safety communication service providers can deploy this test tool for testing NG9-1-1 emergency services and components within the ESInet.
GL’s enhanced MAPS™ SIP with MSRP support for Instant Messaging allows SIP vendors, wireless carriers, NG9-1-1 service providers, and emergency communications centers to test IP applications for satisfactory working of NG9-1-1 services prior to deployment.
Important Features of MAPS SIP
- Supports UDP, TCP, and TLS transport types
- High Density version capable of high call intensity (hundreds of calls/sec) and high volume of sustained calls (tens of thousands of simultaneous calls/platform)
- MAPS™ CLI interface based on a client-server model allows users to control all features of MAPS™ through APIs (TCL, Python, VBScript, and Java Client)
- Supports almost all industry standard codec types - G.711 (mu-Law and A-Law), G.722, G.729, G.726, GSM, AMR, EVRC, SMV, iLBC, SPEEX, EVS, OPUS, and more (*AMR and EVRC variants require additional licenses)
- User-defined voice quality statistics for received RTP Traffic can be calculated and updated periodically during run-time to a csv file
- Supports 64-bit RTP core to enhance performance - handles increased call rate of up to 3000 calls with high volume traffic
- Supports both RTP G.711 Pass Through Fax Simulation and T.38 Fax Simulation over UDPTL
- Bulk Video Call Generation supported with H.264 and H.263 video codecs