Hurst Jaws of Life unveiled this month at FDIC the next generation of eDRAULIC battery-powered rescue tools – eDRAULIC 2.0. The new eDRAULIC 2.0 rescue tool line introduced at the show features two cutters, two spreaders and two combination tools. Stronger, lighter and easier to handle than the original eDRAULIC range, all of the eDRAULIC 2.0 tools shown at FDIC are available now.
“The introduction of Hurst Jaws of Life eDRAULIC technology four years ago completely changed what was possible with extrication tools,” said Bruce Johnston, director of marketing for Hurst Jaws of Life. “Rescue professionals already love eDRAULIC battery-powered rescue tools and with this technology update we took the performance, portability and ease-of-use to another level.”
Because eDRAULIC rescue tools do not require an external power source and can be deployed immediately and in extreme terrain, they have overwhelmingly become the extrication tool of choice for rescuers around the world.
The available eDRAULIC 2.0 line includes:
- S 700E2 – The S 700E2 (48.1 lbs.) cutter is significantly lighter than the S 700E (54.1 lbs.), while delivering the same performance characteristics.
- S 311E2 – The S 311E2 cutter is more than 3 lbs. lighter than the previous version, while delivering the same performance characteristics.
- SP 310E2 – The SP 310E2 spreader will provide rescuers with a stronger spreader than the SP 300E. The new SP 310E2 features a newly designed hydraulic pump that delivers 72,800 lbs. of spreading force.
- SP 300E2 – The SP 300E2 spreader received a newly designed hydraulic pump that reduces weight, while maintaining its performance characteristics when compared to its predecessor.
- SC 357E2 – The SC 357E2 combination tool is more powerful and 2 lbs. lighter than the SC 350E. It utilizes a compact, single integrated design to house a tool that cuts and spreads – perfect for first responders who need to be ready to accomplish anything.
- SC 250E2 – The SC 250E2 tactical combination tool was reduced in weight by close to 3 lbs., while maintaining the same performance as its predecessor.
The Hurst Jaws of Life eDRAULIC 2.0 cutters, spreaders and combination tools are available now. Customers may order the original eDRAULIC tools while supplies last. Hurst Jaws of Life will continue to provide service and support for all eDRAULIC tools.