Cut-Tex PRO is an ultra-high cut resistant fabric, made out of an innovative combination of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) and other technical fibres weaved by special high-density knitting machines.
Cut-Tex PRO has countless potential applications. It is primarily being used to create cut resistant clothing, to protect homeland security professionals, such as law enforcement, prison, and private security and immigration officers, as well as public transport employees from cut/slash related injuries (lacerations). Additional key sectors for cut resistant clothing made out of Cut-Tex PRO are flat glass handling, metal sheet pressing and similar industries.
Due to the exceptional tear resistance of Cut-Tex PRO, this fabric is also being used to manufacture tear and bite resistant clothing for mental health care facilities and secure hospital facilities around the world, as well as schools specialised in severe learning disabilities, challenging behaviour, special needs and autism. Even if Cut-Tex PRO cannot stop the sometimes severe bruising following a human bite, it will eliminate the risk of potentially severe infections following the skin penetration of a human bite.
Most recently Cut-Tex PRO is being used to create cut resistant seating within public transport, cut resistant back packs or cases for travellers, and protective clothing for animals. Many other tests around the world are currently conducted to establish additional potential applications.
Standards Width & Length of Fabric Roll
- Cut-Tex PRO fabric is knitted on a circular machine, resulting in a tube of material, measuring 80cm flat width (160cm cut open)
- Our Cut-Tex PRO fabric will be supplied as a tube of material.
- Each roll is 25 metre in length (40 square metre)
- 447gsm (grams per square metre)?
- ISO 13997:1999 Blade Cut Resistance Level 5 = 27.8 Newton
- ASTM F-1790-05 Blade Cut Resistance Level 4 = 2,580 grams/force
- EN 388:2003 Tear Resistance Level 4 = 398.5 Newton
- EN 388:2003 Abrasion Resistance Level 4 = More than 8,000 cycles
Cut-Tex PRO is available in one colour only. It should be described as a combination of light grey to medium grey colours, with a light to medium grey appearance.
- Cut-Tex PRO is only available from UK based PPSS Group.
- The supply/purchase of Cut-Tex PRO is subject to a license agreement.
- For intellectual property/copyright reasons, our high performance fabric cannot be marketed or sold under the name Cut-Tex PRO in Germany.