Brother Mobile Solutions, Inc. (BMS) revolutionized mobile printing with the introduction of the PocketJet 673 mobile printer.
The first of its kind in the mobility industry, the PocketJet 673 delivers direct thermal printing solutions compatible with only iPhone and iPad mobile devices.* Sleek, lightweight and durable, it utilizes an ad-hoc Wi-Fi connection between the iOS device and the printer to produce high resolution, 8 1/2 by 11-inch documents for printing either in an office environment or by professionals in the field.
As part of the release strategy, BMS will engage independent software vendors (ISVs), value added resellers (VARs) and enterprise application developers to fully customize the PocketJet 673, enabling integration with enterprise applications running on iPhone and iPad devices. BMS will provide technical direction, a software development kit (SDK) and the command reference guide to fully integrate the innovative printing solution. By utilizing PocketJet 673 participating ISVs, VARs and enterprise application developers will have the opportunity to expand their current range of services, helping them become more competitive in the vast and growing field mobility markets utilizing the iPhone and iPad.
Part of the acclaimed Brother PocketJet series, the PocketJet 673 features the same compact design, fast, high-resolution output, and reliable performance that have made the series a leading choice in public safety, field service, route accounting, utilities, insurance and home healthcare vertical markets. Like the rest of the series, PocketJet 673 is durable, simple to operate and easy to maintain in the field, and will allow businesses to streamline operations and help realize a return on investment.
Additional PocketJet 673 features and benefits designed for best-in-class organizations include:
Print speeds up to 6 pages per minutes (ppm)
- Full- page letter, legal, A4 and continuous page printing means more customized information with larger fonts and graphics.
- Low maintenance costs due to highly reliable direct thermal technology that uses fewer moving parts than other printing technologies.
- Low consumable costs as there are no ink or ribbons to replace.
- Wide variety of media options, including printing on thermal cut sheet, continuous roll, and perforated roll.**
- Wide range of connectivity options, including USB and WLAN ad-hoc.
- 300 dpi resolution.
- Support for major linear and 2D barcodes.