The large caliber Asymmetric Warrior ASW50-A1 Precision Tactical Rifle is engineered and designed to provide users with an ergonomic long range and highly accurate .50BMG rifle platform. This precision tactical rifle is proudly manufactured in the USA and built on the strong, time tested McMillan 50BMG bolt action receiver, and the SABER-FORSST MT-50 MOD-1 modular rifle chassis with a 5-rd detachable magazine. The ASW50 is an ideal tactical rifle platform for launching high performance .50 caliber Mk211, RUAG Swiss-P SX, and AMAX match grade ammunition to extended ranges.
The ASW50 is barreled with a 29-inch McMillan or Pinnacle Series 416 stainless steel fluted barrel in custom length's, engineered using APO’s proprietary B.A.S.E.D. barrel engineering software. The ASW50 Pinnacle Series barrel is finished with an 11-degree target crown and the highly effective McMillan 50BMG muzzle break. You can replace the ASW50 muzzle break with a highly effective optional suppressor that really tames the muzzle blast from the mighty .50BMG cartridge. The ASW uses a premium tactical two-stage trigger set to 3.5 lbs for a smooth take up, and crisp let off for precise shot placement.
The ASW50 features a continuous full length MIL-STD 1913 30MOA monolithic top scope rail (optional 20, 40 and 60 MOA) that fit a variety of modern "clip-on" thermal imaging and night vision devices. The Quattro carbon fiber forend features a heat mirage mitigating design with repositionable 12-inch and 4-inch accessory rail locations on the forend at 3, 9 and 6 o'clock positions.
The detachable SABER PBA-H (Push Button Adjustable Hybrid) ergonomic shoulder stock is easily fit by the user adjustments for length of pull, cheek-piece height, and vertical recoil pad placement requiring no tools! The ASW50 is available with two popular options, a versatile multi-position, adjustable field Monopod and Long Range Accuracy bipod. ASW rifles have flush cup sling swivel attachment points along the length of this large caliber tactical rifle.
The ASW50's Magpul M1AD modular conformable hand grip is adjustable for both hand grip angle, and for grip-to-trigger distance, to obtain proper shooting hand position and trigger finger placement. Each ASW model is equipped with an ambidextrous paddle lever magazine release. With a base rifle weight of less than 25 pounds, the ASW50 has a sleek snag-free profile well suited to a variety of tactical applications, long range target, competitive shooting or just for fun "gong-bangin." This advanced .50BMG rifle system incorporates engineering and design features that reduce felt recoil by the shooter.
- OD Green
- Nordic Gray
- Flat Dark Earth
ASW rifles are coated with a rugged, dull non-reflective finish that meets MIL-STD 810G for corrosion resistance. The standard rifle color is black with the forend in natural carbon fiber black. Optional colors include Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green. ASW rifles are simple to maintain, use no bedding and are maintainable in the field by the user with a simple SABER Field Multi-Tool or more complete Snipers Field Tool Kit.
ASW precision tactical rifles can also be delivered with premium variable power day optical sights, SABER EO Scope Rings, alternate muzzle brake and suppressor combinations, match grade ammunition, TACT3 tripod spotting scope kits, laser range finders, Field Firing Solutions Ballistic Software and other essential long range shooting accessories. Further customization of the ASW50 rifles can be performed by APO to meet customer requirements. A complete range of precision shooting accessories are available.
- Caliber – .50 BMG
- Action – McMillan 50 BMG Repeater
- Chassis – SABER MT-50
- Shoulder Stock: Detachable PBA-H w/Tool-Less Ergonomic Adjustments
- Barrel – 29-inch McMillan or Rock Creek Pinnacle Series 416R SS 7R barrel 1-in-15 inches
- Muzzle Brake – McMillan Slimline (optional suppressor)
- Trigger – Huber Tactical Two Stage trigger set to approx. 3.5 pounds
- Forend – Quattro Carbon Fiber Forend w/Repositionable Side Accessory Rail Mounting Locations (optional 4-inch and 12-inch Accessory Rails)
- Scope Rail – 30 MOA MIL-STD 1913 (0, 20, 40 and 60 MOA optional)
- Accessory Rail – 12-inch 6 o'clock Rail with Flushcups
- Magazines – A1 5rd detachable box magazine (one supplied)
- Hand Grip – Magpul M1AD grip set
- Grip Angle Adaptors – 17.5-degree Standard (11-degree and 27-degree optional)
- Surface Coatings – MIL-STD 810G corrosion resistant coatings that are dull and non-reflective
- Color – Black w/Black Carbon Fiber Forend. Optional colors Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green
- Accuracy –
- Weight – Basic Rifle Weights - 29-inch Rifle 25 pounds (approx.)
- SABER EO Scope Rings 6-Screw Top 30/34/35mm Rings
- 4-inch and 12-inch Side Accessory Rails
- Long Range Accuracy Bipod