The Cordero Group introduced its Light-Based Intervention System (LBIS), a first-of-its-kind technology designed to disrupt and prevent criminal activity with a powerful stream of light targeted on suspicious activity. Used in conjunction with CCTV cameras, LBIS transforms public surveillance cameras into highly visible and proactive crime intervention and prevention tools. By providing CCTV camera operators the ability to disrupt and prevent the occurrence of a crime, the LBIS system helps police and security forces increase public awareness of CCTV cameras and to visually signal to would be criminals that they are under surveillance.
LBIS is a powerful light source system, that when synchronized with CCTV cameras, gives police operators the ability to instantly and precisely illuminate the desired location and disrupt ongoing criminal activity, reassuring the public they are safe by projecting a highly visible notice of police guardianship. LBIS features two modes of operation-crime intervention and crime prevention:
- Intervention - When police or security forces have reason to believe that a crime is being or is about to be committed, LBIS is used to “paint” the incident location with illumination lighting. This powerful notice of detection can instantly disrupt the criminal act, thus preventing innocent citizens from becoming crime victims. LBIS can also be used to disrupt serious crime situations such as street-level narcotics trafficking and public nuisances, even in the absence of a physical police presence.
- Prevention - Police and security forces can use LBIS to project a visible notice of safety and security around dark streets, parks, parking lots, college campuses, transportation hubs, mall parking areas, ATM machines, and commercial districts while also waning the opportunity for crime. LBIS also creates visible virtual safety perimeters around school areas to help keep children safe and other sensitive institutions.
LBIS Benefits Include:
- Crime prevention
- Disruption of crimes in progress
- Reducing the fear of crime
- Reducing open air drug trafficking/quality-of-life hotspots
- Creating safe passages
- Protecting school areas
- Increasing crime prevention effectiveness of CCTV Systems
- Multiplying the reach of existing resources
- Increasing officer safety, productivity and effectiveness