Motorola Solutions, Inc. added to its award-winning APX P25 Phase 2 TDMA mission critical two-way radio series. The APX 4000 portable is designed to provide public works, utilities and rural public safety users with a durable and compact radio with key features. All radios in the Motorola APX series are P25 Phase 2 capable and designed to help redefine safety for users with best-in-class features, functionality and design.
- The APX 4000 provides the mission critical benefits of the APX P25 TDMA family of radios with an easy-to-use form factor for public works, utilities and rural public safety users. The P25 Phase 2 TDMA technology provides twice the voice capacity of Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) technology for more efficient use of spectrum, providing users improved system access.
- Like other APX radios, the APX 4000 has a two-microphone design that reduces background noise so you can speak and hear clearly in challenging environments, an easy user interface and intelligent lighting.
- The APX 4000 is the smallest and lightest P25 Phase 2-capable portable radio in the industry. Simplified controls and an enlarged multi-function knob make it easy to turn the radio on or off, set volume and switch talk groups. Key features included in the radio are GPS outdoor location for personnel safety, encryption, mission critical wireless and over-the-air programming.
- The radio also allows public works and utility users to interoperate with P25 mission critical users.
- Durable and built to last, the APX 4000 is IP67 MIL-STD certified, allowing the radio to be immersed in water up to one meter for 30 minutes.
- The radio will be available in 700/800 MHz, VHF, UHF R1, UHF R2 and 900 MHz frequency bands. It is scheduled to begin shipping in North America in early 2012.
APX 4000 is compatible with a flexible portfolio of slim batteries and audio accessories, including Motorola’s award-winning Bluetooth Mission Critical Wireless earpieces and a comprehensive portfolio of remote speaker microphones.