Panasonic announced upgrades to the Panasonic Toughbook 31, its best-selling fully-rugged laptop PC, including a faster processor, expanded storage, a more responsive touchscreen and other improvements. The Toughbook 31 is the gold standard for mission-critical mobile workers – including military personnel, first responders and field service workers – requiring exceptional performance in extreme environments.
Powered by new third generation Intel Core processors, the upgraded Toughbook 31 delivers enhanced performance alongside world-class reliability. Other improvements include expanded storage (up to 500GB 7200rpm HDD with 4-8GB RAM) and improved touchscreen responsiveness.
Panasonic Toughbook 31: Key Improvements
Upgraded processor options:
- Intel Core i5-3360M vPro (up to 3.5GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel Core i5-3320M vPro (up to 3.3GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel Core i3-3110M
- Expanded storage on i5 models: 500GB 7200rpm hard drive (shock-mounted flex-connect with quick release and hard drive heater)
- Improved battery life: 7 percent longer, delivering 14.5 hours per MobileMark 2007 testing on the i5-3320M model. And, an additional 6.5 hours with the available media bay second battery.
- Added connectivity options: standard USB 3.0 port provides up to 10x faster file transfer speeds
- Improved wireless connectivity: Intel 6235 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n standard on all models
- Increased touchscreen responsiveness
- Improved battery calibration tool: Now capable of running in the background, allowing simultaneous use of computer
For a full list of Toughbook 31 specifications, visit http://www.Toughbook.com.
The Toughbook 31 is the sixth generation of flagship Toughbook clamshell notebooks, the product line with which Panasonic set the standard for rugged and reliable mobile computing. The Toughbook 31 is certified by an independent third party testing lab to meet or surpass MIL-STD-810G tests for shock, drop, vibration, extreme temperature and high altitude. Screen brightness can be reduced to as low as 2 nits for concealed nighttime use, which can be critical for the safety of military and public safety users. With the ability to survive drops of up to six feet, an IP65 rating for unparalleled protection from water and dust, optional integrated 4G LTE wireless or 3G Gobi mobile broadband, and a 13.1-inch XGA LED touchscreen with Panasonic CircuLumin™ technology allowing for full circle viewability from the brightest sunlight to pitch darkness, the Toughbook 31 is made to excel in some of the world’s most challenging scenarios.
Pricing and Availability
In the United States, the Toughbook 31 is available from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at an estimated street price of $3,499.
The Toughbook 31 is backed with a three-year limited international warranty.