StarTech.com's UNIDUPDOCK Hard Drive Duplicator Docking Station can be used as either a standalone hard drive cloning station for 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch SATA or IDE HDDs (or any combination IDE/SATA 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch drives), or as an external hard drive docking station connected to a host computer through USB 2.0. A key feature of the new HDD duplicator/docking station is the built-on LCD display, which enables users to monitor the progress of drive copying and navigate through advanced operating modes without having to connect the device to a computer.
Features of the UNIDUPDOCK hard drive duplicator/docking station include:
- The ability to clone the exact contents from one 2.5”/3.5” IDE or SATA hard drive to another hard drive of equal or greater capacity
- Compatibility between connected hard drives, regardless of form factor (2.5”/3.5”) or interface (SATA/IDE)
- Independent support functions, including direct hard drive comparisons, pre-scanning, hard drive erasing
- Built-in support for RAID 0 (striping), RAID 1 (mirrored) and BIG (i.e. concatenation/spanning) operating modes
- Hot-swap capability, with simple drive insertions and removals
- Small form factor design, suitable for space-conscious laptop or desktop environments