McGruff Safe Kids launched a new service that is available to law enforcement agencies across the country, McGruff SafePrint, a program that allows the residents of towns that subscribe to the service and its law enforcement personnel to print out McGruff Safety Kits free, directly from their computers -- saving time and money.
The original McGruff Safe Kids ID Kit was created more than eighteen years ago by McGruff Safe Kids, it's a full-color, 12-page booklet designed to help parents reinforce important safety messages with their children. It contains personal safety tips, home security tips and a unique personal identity profile -- complete with fingerprint strip. It is the only fingerprint/child safety program supported by the National Crime Prevention Council and has traditionally been distributed by police officers and sheriff's deputies to millions of families throughout the country. To stay current with today's technology, the latest McGruff Child ID kit also includes a DNA capture kit, 9-1-1 usage tips and social networking guidelines.
The success of the first booklet led McGruff Safe Kids to create a Spanish version and add four other titles -- all of which may be seen at: http://www.mcgruff-safe-kids.com/.
1. McGruff Safe Kids ID Kit (English and Spanish versions available) - 12 pages
2. McGruff Internet Safety Kit - 12 pages
3. McGruff Safer Seniors Kit - 12 pages
4. McGruff Kids on Wheels Kit - 8 pages
5. McGruff Halloween Safety Kit - 8 pages
McGruff Safety Kits are designed with these goals in mind:
1. Create positive interaction between parents and children while discussing non-threatening information about important social topics.
2. Provide a section for interactivity between the child and the educational piece.
3. Encourage parents to read to and be positively involved with their children.
4. Encourage a strong, positive experience between law enforcement personnel and children.
The McGruff Safety Kits feature the National Crime Prevention Council's (NCPC) famous "McGruff the Crime Dog," who is familiar to children and adults alike because of his twenty-seven-year public service advertising campaign to "Take A Bite Out Of Crime." In fact, today:
-- More than 93 percent of children recognize the icon that provides safety tips for adults and kids. Further research reveals that kids are very likely to listen to McGruff's advice.
-- Eighty (80 percent) percent acknowledge that they would be "likely," "very likely" or "extremely likely" to listen to his advice on important child safety and crime prevention issues.
Want to know more about this product? Click here to request more information about McGruff SafePrint from MCGRUFF THE CRIME DOG: SAFETY & CRIME PREVENTION PRODUCTS .