This is a full size clone of the standard 1911 .45 ACP. The weight is less than the original 1911 because both the slide and the frame are constructed of aluminum alloy. The lighter slide in particular also allows for reliable functioning it has much less mass for the recoil action of the diminutive .22LR round to function. The internal components of the 1911-22 are all steel. The barrel is fixed to the frame to provide better accuracy. The fixed barrel also eliminates some not necessary parts found in the original .45 which was designed for full disassembly due to battlefield conditions. Finish on the slide and frame is a tough flat black oxide finish. MKS Supply is also going to make available models with olive drab and desert tan powder coated slides. Magazines are made of industrial-grade polymer.
- Stocks (grips): Walnut with laser cut checkering.
- Sights: Dovetail rear-drift adjustable sight (like original military sights).
- Barrel length: 5-inches.
- Physical dimensions: Same as the standard 1911.
- Weight: 32-ounces (a standard military 1911 .45ACP is approximately 40-ounces).
- Models: Standard black finish, olive drab finish, and desert tan finish.
- Magazine capacity: 10-rounds. One magazine is included.