Avtec Inc. announced its latest software release, Scout 2.4, is now in controlled deployment to six customer sites. Scout 2.4 is a Project 25 (P25)-compliant solution that incorporates several elements that enhance connectivity capabilities, reporting, and the dispatchers' experience. With this release, Avtec introduces Scout with Frontier technology, a new software application that simplifies network deployment by eliminating multicast Internet Protocol (IP) traffic across wide area networks.
The Scout with Frontier solution was demonstrated in Avtec’s booth during the 2012 Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) conference in Minneapolis, Minn.
Scout Reports is an optional tool that monitors voice traffic, call load, and channel use; and based on that data, allows call center managers to effectively allocate resources. Also available is the optional Scout Console API Software Development Kit (SDK) that includes tools, documentation, and samples that can be used to write, build, test and deploy Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) applications to communicate with the Avtec Scout product suite.
- Pure alert tones for P25 radios that support tone specs
- Duplex radio support using Internet Protocols (IP)
- Expanded support for radio manufacturers’ key fill devices
- Redundant automatic failover for P25 DFSI
- Audible and visual notification of input alarms for fire alarms, door entry, floods, etc.
- Supervisory “Barge-in” capabilities
- Built-in Outpost support for (Motorola Data Communications) MDC1200 Signaling
- Enhanced support for computer aided dispatch (CAD) tools
- New connectivity features for radios and SIP telephones
- Answerback tones
- Optional Scout with Frontiertechnology