SEATTLE, Wash., August 5, 2014 – EVIDENCE.com, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced multiple orders of AXON body-worn video cameras and EVIDENCE.com the backend digital evidence management system. These orders were received and are expected to ship in the third quarter of 2014.
Significant orders were received from the following agencies:
- Burlington Police Department (VT): 30 AXON body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com, add-on order
- Cullman County Sheriff’s Office (AL): 46 AXON body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TASER Assurance Plan
- Flagstaff Police Department (AZ): 50 AXON flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com
- Hanford Police Department (CA): 40 AXON flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com
- Madison County Sheriff’s Department (AL): 90 AXON body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com
- Winston-Salem Police Department (NC): 194 AXON flex and 99 body cameras with three years of EVIDENCE.com, add-on order
Additional agencies deploying AXON body and/or AXON flex body worn video cameras and/or EVIDENCE.com include:
- Belmont Police Department (CA): AXON flex cameras with EVIDENCE.com
- Chehalis Tribal Police Department (WA): AXON flex cameras with EVIDENCE.com
- Farmington Police Department (MN): AXON flex cameras with EVIDENCE.com
- Granite Falls Police Department (NC): AXON flex cameras
- Hardin County Sheriff’s Office (OH): AXON flex cameras
- Hillsborough Police Department (CA): AXON flex cameras with EVIDENCE.com
- Santa Ana Police Department (NM): AXON flex cameras
- Wells Police Department (ME): AXON flex cameras
TASER’s AXON cameras are small, yet highly visible, and can be attached securely to sunglasses, a cap, a shirt collar, or a head mount. They are powered by a pocketsize battery pack which ensures recording capability during an entire shift. When recording, the cameras capture a wide-angle, full-color view of what an officer is facing. The video automatically uploads via a docking station to EVIDENCE.com, a cloud-based storage and management system, where it can be easily accessed for review. The video files stored online or on the AXON video camera are secure and cannot be tampered with.
EVIDENCE.com helps police capture, manage, and share their digital evidence without the complexity or cost of installing in-house servers. It enables greater transparency through seamless integration with the industry-leading AXON body-worn video cameras. EVIDENCE.com is the most secure, scalable, and cost-effective solution for managing all types of digital evidence. EVIDENCE.com automates the upload process to ensure security and integrity while keeping officers in the field rather than sitting at computers.
A year-long Cambridge University study conducted at the Rialto, CA Police Department investigated whether officers' use of video cameras could bring measurable benefits to relations between police and civilians. The results showed an 88% reduction in citizen complaints and a 60% reduction in uses of force after implementation of TASER's AXON flex cameras.
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its growing suite of technology solutions, including AXON body-worn video cameras and EVIDENCE.com, a secure digital evidence management platform. More than 128,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with TASER's products and services.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo and AXON are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.