LAS VEGAS (IWCE, Motorola Solutions Booth #5001) – Feb. 22, 2012 - Criminals are getting more sophisticated, and technology is providing law breakers new ways to plan, execute and synchronize their actions. At the same time, law enforcement agencies with fewer resources are handling increased workloads. With an always-on Public Safety LTE broadband network connecting a multimedia command center to a new category of innovative Public Safety LTE data devices like the LEX 700, first responders are ready to meet new threats on the street with powerful new tools of their own.
The LEX 700 Mission Critical Handheld by Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) offers first responders a virtual partner, helping them monitor the environment, gather information and be more aware. With a compact, rugged form factor and quick-response interface, the device brings robust management capabilities to ensure IT staff can easily deploy its new fleet of IP data devices with the confidence of full visibility and control. Security and resiliency services ensure business continuity, protection of sensitive data and proactive mitigation of impending security threats.
- The LEX 700 Mission Critical Handheld is designed to provide first and secondary responders unprecedented access to intuitive multimedia applications that increase situational awareness, enhance tactical collaboration, and enable greater in-field productivity. With rich-media applications designed for public safety from Motorola and other third-party developers, agencies will have access to unprecedented use cases such as:
- A shared operational view of an incident with high-quality, real-time video pulled from fixed and mobile cameras or streamed to the field from the command center.
- Tracking information from mobile computer-aided dispatch (CAD) and real-time collaboration software lets everyone see the positions of field assets and know where they need to be next.
- Everyday tasks like ticket writing, identity verification and suspect booking are handled within minutes on the scene, and transmitted directly to headquarters so there’s no need to file paperwork.
- The device is designed to deliver data, photos, video and voice quickly, reliably and securely over multiple networks. It starts with Public Safety LTE, and includes Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE, 3G EV-DO, and 1x RTT networks, as well as 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- The LEX 700 provides multiple voice communications options, from making a simple phone call to joining a Project 25 (P25) radio talk group via a P25-LTE gateway. A dedicated Push-to-Talk (PTT) button and dual-mic, advanced noise-canceling capabilities help ensure your voice will be heard.
- With a hardened ultra-bright display, the LEX 700 is sealed and ruggedized against drops, moisture and temperature extremes. Armed with a long-lasting , hot-swappable battery and secure Bluetooth® technology to connect peripherals like audio headsets, wireless printers or biometric readers, first responders have a device they can count on – even in a crisis.
- The device will make a secure connection directly to a Motorola P25 radio; the two devices work together to give responders reliable connectivity and convenient operation when they need it most. The LEX 700 can be used to remotely control a radio, changing the channel, zone, volume or just monitor radio traffic.
- A specially designed mission critical user interface presents important information front and center and provides quick access to the most critical functions through a high-resolution touch screen.
- The LEX 700 comes with software and services that help IT deploy, manage and secure all their devices – even wipe a device that has been lost or stolen. Telecom expense management provides visibility into demand and utilization. 24x7x365 monitoring and proactive security testing detects intrusion attempts and mitigates attacks.
- Motorola Public Safety LTE lifecycle services include hosted LTE cloud core solutions, applications integration and hosting, as well as mission critical operations centers and emergency response teams experienced in keeping mission critical communications online.