Nomination deadline February 28, 2011
Event dates are June 5-7, 2011, Detroit MI
In honor of the nation's primary champion of the modern day law enforcement patrol rifle movement, it is only fitting that this prestigious award be named after the man who has educated and trained so many individuals and organizations on the benefits of a sound patrol rifle program. His professionalism, candor, and counsel have helped countless law enforcement officers through extremely difficult times. His selfless service to the greater good is evident by his every day actions and his motto; "Just do the right thing." We proudly present the Chudwin Award of excellence.
Awarded for one or a combination of the following actions:
- An act of valor using a patrol rifle
- Excellence in the field of law enforcement patrol rifle/carbine for a particular event or series of events
- Longstanding contribution in training, education, development, and/or leadership in the realm of law enforcement patrol rifle.
- The nominee must be a sworn law enforcement officer (includes part time, auxiliary, and reserve officers and or licensed security officers).
- The nominee must be recommended by a person familiar with the details of why they should be considered. It must provide an incident report, press clippings, any supporting evidence, and any witnesses that could be interviewed.
- The nominee is someone who has truly committed a life saving act on duty or made a lasting contribution while being a patrol rifle armed law enforcement or security officer.
We are seeking the assistance from all media outlets in the dissemination of the existence of this award in honor of Chief Chudwin and to solicit nominations from the law enforcement community for the 2011 event.
In return we offer your company access to the event to distribute your publications and to cover the event as you see fit.
Thank you for any support in this matter.