JOHNSTOWN, Pa. --
First responders were dispatched to a house fire on Highland Avenue in the Moxham neighborhood of Johnstown.
Officer Brad Christ was first on scene and had to act quickly.
Officials said most people, including three children, made it out, but a woman was still inside.
Christ said he found the woman unconscious lying in a hallway. That's when he carried her out and he and other people got her breathing before fire and EMS crews arrived.
Officials said the woman is recovering in the hospital from smoke inhalation. Christ was treated and released for smoke inhalation.
Police said the fire sparked from an unattended pot on the stove.
Christ said he was just doing his job, even though many people in Johnstown agree he is a hero.
Copyright 2011 by wjactv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.