The Burlington Police Department, Burlington VT
$44,231 - $52,515
Open Until Filled
The Burlington Police Department
1 North Avenue
Burlington Vermont 05401
Come join our Police Department and be a part of the exciting and promising future of Burlington, one of the most livable cities in America. We offer exceptional careers for those seeking a challenging profession where you can make a difference.
Benefits of becoming a Burlington Police Officer
- Starting salary ranges from $44,231 - $52,515 per year depending upon experience
- Education incentives: annual bonus of $400 for an Associate’s Degree, $800 for a Bachelor’s Degree, and $1200 for a Master’s Degree
- Work schedule that consists of 10 hour days-- 4 days on and 3 days off with weekends off every other month
- Specialty assignments that include Canine, School Resource Officer, Detectives, Bike Patrol, Motorcycle Patrol, Training and Recruitment, etc.
- Training and equipment costs paid by the Department
- Three weeks of time off per year which increases by one week every 5 years up to 15 years of service
- Family health and dental insurance
- Sick time accrual and bonus for non-use of sick time
- Shift differential for evening, midnight and weekend shifts
- City retirement system:
- Retirement at 20 years of service at 50 % of your average 5 highest years of base salary (minimum age of 50.)
- Retirement at 25 years of service at 75% of your average 5 highest years of base salary (minimum age of 50.)
The Burlington Police Department is committed to diversifying its work force and we encourage women and men with diverse racial, cultural and ethnic backgrounds to apply. We are a progressive organization that values and respects diversity among our employees and within our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, veteran status or disability. Please visit our Web site at www.BPDVT.org/careers for more information.