Dubuque, IA Police Officer, Dubuque IA
$49,587 - $55,078
Open Until Filled
LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN
The Dubuque Police Department is a full service, community oriented and nationally accredited law enforcement agency. We are currently seeking high-caliber men and women to take up the challenge to protect and enhance the quality of life in our community. We are looking for service-oriented, hard-working individuals who thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment, to actively demonstrate these qualities and abilities as City of Dubuque Police Officer.
The City of Dubuque Civil Service Commission will be conducting a written examination and physical agility test for the position of Police Officer at 9:00 a.m. on April 14, 2012, on the University of Dubuque campus in Dubuque, Iowa. Check in will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the Chlapaty Recreation and Wellness Center located on the McCormick Street Extension.
- At the time of the written examination, applicants must be 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Candidates must pass a written examination, oral examination and physical agility test
Successful Candidates will:
- Demonstrate an ability to follow a management style that is input oriented
- Value problem solving and the development of partnerships
- Possess a desire to be part of an organization that values service, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork.
The City offers an annual salary range of $49,587 to $55,078, effective July 1, 2012, and an attractive benefit package. A pre-employment drug screen and polygraph examination will be administered.
Please submit a Civil Service application to the City Personnel Office by 5:00 p.m. on March 16, 2012. Applications may be obtained at the City Personnel Office located at:
50 West 13th Street,
Dubuque, Iowa 52001-4864
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. EOE.