After 15 years of developing leading-edge products that protect against serious and potentially life-threatening injuries, Team Wendy launched the EXFIL Ballistic—a superior ballistic helmet for law enforcement and military operators.
The EXFIL Ballistic is the third model in the Team Wendy EXFIL line, following two popular non-ballistic tactical bump helmets: Carbon (released in 2012) and LTP (lightweight tactical polymer, released in 2013).
With a complete helmet system weight of 2.6 lbs. for Size 1 and 2.75 lbs. for Size 2, a new boltless CAM FIT retention with Boa closure system for optimized stability and fit, cam-lock sliders for positive locking adjustment, and a new Zorbium impact liner with 2 full sets of comfort pads, the EXFIL Ballistic is designed to be comfortable during extended use by military and law enforcement operators.
The EXFIL Ballistic is now available through teamwendy.com and authorized Team Wendy distributors.
- Ballistic Performance: NIJ Level IIIA (according to NIJ STD 0106.01 / 0108.01)
- Fragment Performance: 17gr V50 ≥ 2400 ft/sec (731 m/s)
- Blunt Impact Performance: Meets current ACH Blunt Impact Protection requirements (per AR/PD 10-02 Rev A)
Weight and Dimensions
- Shell weight: Size 1 (similar to traditional M/L) - 1.75 lbs.; Size 2 (similar to traditional XL) - 1.85 lbs.
- Complete system weight: Size 1 - 2.6 lbs.; Size 2 - 2.75 lbs. (Complete system weight includes: helmet shell, shroud, accessory rails, impact liner and retention system)
- Head circumference: Size 1 - 52-60 cm; Size 2 - 58-63 cm
- Coverage area falls between ACH/MICH mid cut and high cut
- New Boltless CAM-FIT Retention System
- Zorbium foam liner with customizable comfort pad sets in two thicknesses
- Removable center pad to easily accommodate overhead communications headsets
- Rail 2.0 Accessory Mounting System: Backwards compatible with all EXFIL accessories including tool-free quick release adapter, oxygen mask strap kit, goggle posts, mini-tinny and Peltor adapter kit; Rear webbing slot for counterweight and goggle strap retainer?; T-slots provide limitless custom mounting options
- Wilcox W Shroud for NVG mounts; compatible with retractable lanyard system
- Helmet available in coyote brown, black and foliage green. Additional colors and hydrographics are available upon request.