UltraLite-ALS (Alternate Light Source) is a forensic light used for detecting trace evidence at crime scenes or in the lab. UltraLite-ALS represents the culmination of nearly a decade of forensic research and design work. The scientists involved in the research and design have extensive experience in forensic light design. The result of this work and collaboration is the UltraLite-ALS bringing forth six major breakthroughs in forensic light technology.
- Blue-Merge Technology (BMT): The ideal merging of forensic wavelengths.
- Shorter wavelengths such as 450nm are most useful in body fluid, teeth, bone fragment, bite and bruise work.
- Longer wavelengths such as 480nm are most useful in trace evidence and fingerprint work.
- Blue-Merge Technology (BMT): You only need to go over the scene or evidence one time with one set of glasses and one filter to complete 99.5% of evidence detection.
- UltraLite ALS and BMT produces over 1,000 milliwatts of power.
- UltraLite ALS and BMT produces more blue wavelength output power than any other semiconductor based ALS.
- Built in the handle is button control allowing you to select 400mw, 600mw, 800mw, and 1,000mw.
- With the 6" x 4.5" x 1.25" size and a weight of less than 300 grams (including optional battery pack), the UltraLite-ALS represents the smallest, lightest weight forensic light system in the world.
- The UltraLite-ALS comes with a universal AC input and a 12V D/C "car cigarette lighter" adapter.
- UltraLite-ALS produces light by way of Light Producing Semi-Conductors (LPS). These LPSs do not have delicate filaments and are not "jar" sensitive. Expected lifetime is 53,000 hours.
|UltraLite ALS Complete Kit Contents|
1 UltraLite ALS Handle
1 Power Adapter Pack