Rave Mobile Safety (Rave) announced availability of Rave Panic Button. Uniquely tying together 9-1-1, first responders and school personnel, Rave Panic Button shortens the time between the onset of an incident and the arrival of first responders on-scene, while improving collaboration during the critical first minutes, allowing for the fastest, most effective crisis resolution possible.
Safety is paramount at today’s educational facilities and corporate campuses. Recent events – including numerous school shootings – have highlighted that rapidly providing accurate information to responders and enabling communication between all parties involved is critical to safely, quickly and effectively resolving incidents. Built on Rave’s public safety grade infrastructure and unique capabilities to integrate with 9-1-1, the solution provides faculty, administrators and employees with a simple, direct and powerful connection to first responders through a “Panic Button” that leverages the ubiquitous mobile phone and existing emergency response communication systems.
Key Features of Rave Panic Button include:
- Provides direct connection between 9-1-1, emergency responders and the caller, leveraging the existing 9-1-1 infrastructure while automatically notifying key on-site resources.
- Automatically displays critical data such as detailed caller location, floor plans, emergency exits locations, emergency contacts, and key procedures to 9-1-1 and responders.
- Provides easy, scalable method for maintenance of facility/site emergency response information.
- Enables immediate, secure collaboration between responders and on-site personnel.
- Automatically notifies defined on-site personnel (e.g. security officer, maintenance, supervisors) of the Panic Button activation and when the call is answered at 9-1-1.
- Leverages the ubiquitous and familiar mobile phone and expands Panic Button coverage area to wherever a user might be.
- Supports Panic Button activation on any mobile phone, not just some smart phones.
- Unique method of providing communication with 9-1-1 from a mobile phone even when cell coverage is poor.
- Rapid installation without any required on-site hardware or software.
- Ease of set-up and training for users, as well as temporary site personnel.