Second Chance body armor released the next generation Summit family of body armor solutions. Bringing together new innovations from industry leaders Teijin, Barrday, Tex Tech Industries, Honeywell and United States Ballistic Engineering (USBE), the new Summit Series was built from the ground up. The Summit family of body armor is being featured at the Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show and Conference (SHOT Show) January 14 - 17, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada at booth #12762. The new Summit line incorporates state-of-the-art technologies along with the most advanced exclusive materials to offer a combination of exceptional performance with the softest, most flexible armor available.
“We brought five of the leaders in the industry together to engineer a revolutionary product. As a result of this team approach, Summit Series models have exceeded performance requirements,” stated Tim O’Brien, Category Director for Concealable Armor. “And, when first delivered for testing at independent laboratories, some engineers stated that they had never seen this level of performance in a package so incredibly thin, soft and flexible.”
Key attributes of the all-new Summit Series armor include:
- Extremely lightweight, thin, and soft
- Hybrid engineered utilizing fifth generation Core Matrix Technology from Tex Tech, new fiber from Teijin, and next generation Spectra materials from Honeywell
- Innovative stitch architecture for increased flexibility
- Available in both male and female versions as well as concealable and tactical configurations
- NIJ Standard 0101.06 compliant
The Summit line is available in threat protection levels II and IIIA for both male and structured female sizes.