Stalker Radar announced that CopTrax, its new-generation body-worn and in-car video solution for law enforcement is integrating Google Glass.
Google Glass (styled "GLΛSS") is a wearable computer with an optical head-mounted display that is being developed by Google in the Project Glass research and development project, with the mission of producing a mass-market ubiquitous computer.Google Glass displays information in a smartphone-like hands-free format, that can interact with the Internet via natural language voice commands.
CopTrax is in-car video and much more. Instead of a bulky DVR, CopTrax uses the patrol vehicle’s laptop to record and stream video through cellular or wireless networks for storage in the Cloud or on a department’s servers. Since CopTrax is primarily a software solution, agencies will no longer need to replace in-car video systems every time vehicles are upgraded. CopTrax provides the following functionality:
- Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL)
- Live video streaming
- Audible text to speech notifications based on geo-location
- Wireless offloading of video
- Automatic recording initiated by user selectable triggers
- Advanced labeling of video by incident type
- Video playback with mapping / tracking
- Dual high-resolution video cameras
- High-quality audio recording
The CopTrax system embeds geographic positioning data into the video stream. Now, what the officer is seeing, hearing, and where they are seeing it is captured in real-time. CopTrax gives agencies greater situational awareness, better asset coordination, and more accurate event recreation.
The CopTrax System's Command and Control Center is accessible from any Internet connected computer - at the station, the Chief's office, even a computer located at a residence.
The Command and Control Center and Case Management System include the following features:
- Displays the location of all devices (Laptops, smartphones, and Google Glass)
- Video search and export by meta data
- Video playback with synchronized tracking data
- Event reconstruction and playback of GPS tracking data
- Geo-fenced areas and proximity markers
- Automatic email and text alerts broadcasting to officers
- Video retention policies with overrides for cases / incident reports
- Attach documents to cases / incident reports
- Crime maps