- Operates on the National Public Safety Broadband and North American LTE carrier networks.
- Allows users to access either type of LTE network, depending on priority and availability.
- Features the Harris BeOn application for push-to-talk voice, location and presence capability.
First responders and mission-critical radio users now have a reliable, robust tablet that operates on both the dedicated public safety Long-term Evolution (LTE) and North American LTE carrier networks.
Harris has expanded the capabilities of its RF-3590 LTE Tablet to allow public safety agencies to transmit and receive data, video, voice, location and text-based information over existing LTE networks -- while ensuring operation on the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network (NPSBN) when NPSBN is deployed.
The tablet is being used in a 700 MHz Band 14 LTE pilot program underway in New Orleans and recently was part of wireless broadband capabilities demonstration at the Boulder Laboratories’ Public Safety Communications Research program.
The Harris RF-3590 Tablet features:
- Dual SIM capability, enabling users to access either the NPSBN or the nationwide commercial LTE network, based on priority and availability;
- An intuitive user interface, based on the Android operating system, ensures that the RF-3590 LTE Tablet delivers mission-critical information to first responders in real-time for virtually instantaneous communication and coordination of day-to-day activities and emergency situations;
- The Harris BeOnapplication for push-to-talk voice communication with both Land Mobile Radio and LTE networks, as well as for location, presence and text services;
- Sunlight readable display;
- Hardened to deliver reliableoperation in heat, cold and extreme environments, compliant with IP-67 and MIL-STD 810 G standards;
- Front- and rear-facing cameras and noise-cancellation technology to improve the quality of voice communications;
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for added connectivity, and GPS for location and movement tracking.
The Harris RF-3590 LTE Tablet is designed for operation on LTE networks, as well as with the Harris VIDA network, a unified IP-based voice and data communication platform. VIDA is interoperable with other P25 systems, including Harris LTE solutions, P25 simulcast sites, P25 ISSI and P25 Voice and Data on Control. VIDA delivers full IP management features, including interoperability without intervention of console operators, IP consoles and other benefits inherent in open IP architecture systems.