VantagePoint enables mobile capture and cataloguing of visual evidence from crime scenes on any mobile device. Designed for law enforcement agencies, VantagePoint immediately secures images with a digital hash, ensuring accurate reporting and a secure chain of evidence that is admissible in court. It is an easy-access tool that serves as an alternative to high-cost cameras, while maintaining image quality and FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act) standards.
Images can be captured immediately and filed into cases with real-time audio notes and embedded location information. Videos are also hashed, and all content can be reviewed on the device or synced directly to a computer for direct report output that can be viewed in any Web browser.
Marland MicroSolutions offers a complete VantagePoint kit packaged in a waterproof Pelican case. The kit includes a 5th generation iPod Touch with pre-loaded copy of VantagePoint, an articulating arm for unit positioning, a waterproof protective device case, a secondary LED light source, and an optional, 20x high-definition microscope attachment. For more information, please visit http://www.marlandmicrosolutions.com/vantagepoint/.
- Capture images and videos immediately (without needing to create a case first)
- Create cases to organize data
- Add written and audio notes to evidence items
- Use encrypted SHA-1 hash to prevent tampering with evidence
- Export cases through iTunes
- Display location information for each evidence item and case