The three-wheeled VX-3 Li+ is a revolutionary take on electric scooters. The clean energy VX-3 Li+ model offers speeds up to 68 mph (110 km/h), 0 to 50 mph (0 to 80 km/h) in as little as 8.25 seconds, a range of up to 50-80 miles (up to 80-128 km), recharging in as little as three hours, and a curb weight of 525 pounds (238 kg). The front wheels can be locked for slow-speed stability and unlocked enabling full-speed articulation for incredible handling. The all-electric VX-3 Li+ comes standard with the patented VECTRIX™ multi-function throttle that accelerates and slows down with a simple twist of the throttle along with a slow-speed reverse for ease of movement along with the patented rugged VECTRIX™ integrated rear-wheel mounted single stage planetary gear drive. Each zero gas emission VX-3 Li+ features Sachs Twin Shocks, front and rear disc brakes, and a lightweight aircraft-aluminum space frame. The carbon footprint reducing VX-3 Li+ has 42 Amp hour Lithium batteries (LiFePO4) that are rated for 1,600 cycle charges translating to approximately 10 years of use. The green energy VX-3 Li+ is driven by a robust rear-wheel electric Brushless DC radial air-gap motor with a peak power rating of 21 kW at the motor shaft and 5.1 HP maximum continuous power with an integrated rear-wheel mounted single stage planetary gear drive. Each VX-3 Li+ comes with an on-board 1.5 kW battery charger that makes plugging into standard 110V/220V outlets around town a breeze. The remarkable VX-3 Li+ offers performance, range, and stability all in one easy-to-ride, fun-to-own package. Just imagine—Good for the planet, easy-to-ride, and stable. Wow. Talk about having the right stuff at the right time.
- Max Speed 110 km/h (68 mph)
- Acceleration 0-80 km/h (0-50 mph) in 8.25 seconds
- Range up to 80-128 km / up to 50-80 miles
- Patented Bi-Directional Throttle Unique rider interface provides acceleration, regenerative braking and slow-speed reverse
- Braking Front (2) and rear (1) disc brakes and parking brake
- Tires Pirelli: GTS23 120/70-12(Front) x 3 Pirelli: GTS24 140/60-13 (Rear)
- Fork Articulating Front Suspension
- Suspension Sachs Twin Shocks
- Frame Lightweight Aluminum Frame
- Type LiFeP04, 42 Ah
- Capacity 5.4 kWh
- Voltage 128V
- Charger 1.5 kW on-board battery charger 110V-220V (50/60Hz)
- Recharge Time 4 to 6 hours
- Discharge Cycles >1600 to 80%
- Estimated Life 10 years or 50,000 miles/80,000 km
Motor & Gearbox
- Motor Type Brushless DC, radial air-gap motor
- Power Peak power 21 kW at motor shaft
- Maximum continuous power: 5.1HP (3.8 kW)
- Torque Maximum torque: 65 Nm
- Maximum continuous torque: 23 Nm
- Gearbox Integrated rear-wheel mounted single stage planetary gear drive
- Controller DSP & IGBT based all-digital electronic control & motor drive system
- Instrumentation Central analog display and two side LCDs show speed, odometer, battery charge, estimated range and system status
- Communications Controller Area Network (CANbus) Systems diagnostics and communication via laptop interface
- Weight 238 kg / 525 pounds
- Wheelbase 1524 mm / 60"
- Seat Height 775 mm / 30.5"
- Wheels Front: 12" x 2, Rear: 13"
- Storage Capacity Under-seat: 1.41 cu ft. (1 full-faced helmet), Glove box: .21 cu ft, Top case: up to 1.66 cu ft.
- Carrying Capacity 2 passengers
- Warranty 24 months
- Emissions Polluting: Zero
- CO2: zero
- Acoustic: Negligible