Firearms instructors have wanted and needed a reactive target system that is capable of dropping the target when a pre determined number of hits have been entered into the hit counter. With the Knight Hawk Portable Target with Select-The-Shot System, instructors can now do that remotely and in real time.
Along with this capability, the instructor and shooter must be alerted as to which of the shots taken miss the target and which are accurate hits.
These capabilities force the shooter to maintain contact with a threat until it is demonstrably neutralized. The standard “fire 2 rounds and observe the threat” manner of training promotes more than a bad habit; it can be deadly.
Other systems simply count the number of target hits or require far too much time to change the hit counter; consuming valuable training time, especially with multiple shooters on the firing line.
The Knight Hawk system with Select-The–Shot provides a cost-effective solution to all these training challenges and more.
Using the remote control, the instructor can instantly alter the hits required to drop the target. Each accurate hit generates both an audible tone and visible strobe flash.
Our polymer targets are capable of withstanding thousands of rounds and can be safely engaged at distances as close as 2 meters.
knight hawk system with select-the-shot
- Remote operation to 1,000 yards.
- Single or dual threat target configurable.
- Rapidly interchangeable from a stationary stand-up target to a moving target on the
AIM-Weapons Training System trolley.
- Instructor selectable hit count from 1-7 hits using the remote control.
- Target UP/Down selection.
- Audible tone: Single, short tone with each hit, Warbling tone with the correct number of hits. The target then drops.
- High-intensity strobe: Single, short strobe with each hit, Flashing strobe with the correct number of hits. The target then drops.
- Usable with any weapons platform from handguns to the .338 Lapua and .50 BMG rounds.