Code Amber Alertag is a discrete ID tag that fits on a keychain and provides access to vital life-saving information in case of emergency. Click here to register your new Code Amber Alrtag, then return to this page for complete information on how to best use the Tag.
Over 100,000 people die every year from preventable medical errors. That makes this the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. Over 90% of those errors could have been avoided if the EMT or doctor had quick and easy access to vital information about the patient when first treated.
Emergency personnel are trained to look for Emergency Medical Information when they arrive on the scene. Unfortunately, they rarely find it. With Code Amber Alertag they can access the medical information you chose to make available, including dangerous allergic reactions, by simply entering the Security Code printed on the tag at IDAmber.com's secure website.
There are three layers of protection built into Code Amber Alertag'ssecurity system:
- Security Code: Information that is accessible by entering the ten digit number on the actual Code Amber Alertag. The Code Amber Alertag has two levels of security. The first level affords access to information for first on the scene responders to "public" data. Typically the public information contains identification, allergy and chronic conditions insights that are needed to adequately assess emergency victim treatment protocols.Click here to see a sample of the information that can be stored. The information displayed on a yellow background is the information available by entering the Alertag Security Code. The information displayed on a white background is private and requires your Key Code (see below) for access.
- Key Code:The second or "private" Alertag level is only accessible with an additional Key Code (see below) and contains as full a medical history as the Alertag subscriber elects to store on our secure servers. This information would be vitally relevant for medical professionals. It is suggested you provide your Key Code to one of your emergency contacts listed in your profile, in case first responders need to access your secure and private medical records on idamber.com.
- Password:You must create a secure password and type it each time you want to edit your profile.
You're in Control - No Third Party Involved
You are in total control of precisely which information is available, and to whom. You can upload photos, documents, contact information along with detailed medical information such as allergies, conditions or medications which might be vital in an emergency.
Create Your Profile
- Register your Code Amber Alertag.
- You will be asked for the secure Key Code which comes with your Code Amber Alertag. The Key Code it is on the card that contains the Alertags below the ten digit Security Code. Enter this code in the Key Code field.
- You will also be asked to create a strong password in order to secure your Code Amber Alertag account with three layers of protection.
- As your information changes, simply login to your Code Amber Alertag account and update your profile.
Edit Your Profile
- Login to your account.
- Click on the "Edit My Profile" button.
- To edit your private profile, you must re-enter your password.
View Your Profile
- Visit idamber.com and type the Security Code imprinted on your Code Amber Alertag.
- To view the private section of your profile, you will need to type yourSecure Keycode.