General Dynamics introduced its ProtecD@R PC® encryption device that secures data, imagery, video and other information stored in computer hard drives. Certified by the National Security Agency (NSA), the ProtecD@R PC encryptor, protects information classified at the Secret level and below.
How it works:
The ProtecD@R PC Encryptor easily connects to a laptop or installs into a desktop computer and automatically encrypts information traveling between the computer’s processor and the hard drive. No tools, hardware or software modifications are needed.
Designated as a Cryptographic High Value Product (CHVP) the ProtecD@R PC does not require the special handling of a Controlled Cryptographic Item (CCI) making it available for use in environments where there is a high risk of equipment loss.
- Transparent operations, no host dependencies
- Connects easily to existing computers using SATA interface
- Rapid processing, low latency
- Field tamper-evident seals, zeorize and data recovery
- Size: 1-inch high x 4-inches wide by 6.4-inches deep; Weight: 24 ounces
- Easy to use, manage and handle