Safariland announced the introduction of a new Cordura nylon wrap finish on some of its most popular holster models. Offered in a variety of colors and prints, the development of this new finish combines genuine SafariLaminate™ thermal-molded construction with a rugged Cordura nylon covering. In addition to providing a low signature to infrared lighting, this new development allows for textured patterns not previously available on precisely fit, molded holsters to be incorporated into the design.
Among the holsters offered are the:
- 6004USN – Our most popular Tactical Holster rig featuring the time-tested Self Locking System (SLS) rotating hood which allows for a smoother single-motion draw, derived from the popular standard 6004.
- 6354DO – This Tactical Holster rig features the Automatic Locking System (ALS®) which automatically secures the weapon upon holstering and is made to fit weapon-specific semi-autos with a red dot optic installed on the slide.
- 6378USN – A popular open-top concealment hip holster that also features the Automatic Locking System (ALS) which automatically secures the weapon upon holstering. It includes both an injection-molded paddle and belt loop for versatile wear.
The SafariLaminate wraparound construction provides the basis for the holster’s shape and strength. The rugged Cordura nylon allows for an abrasion-resistant outer finish. The molded sight track and soft suede lining helps protect the gun’s sights and finish.
Customizable features for this series of holsters include:
- The inclusion of the Safariland 3-hole pattern for mounting the holster to the leg shroud.
- The optional Quick Locking System (QLS) Locking Fork, which allows the user to mount the holster in various configurations including thigh rigs, MOLLE vests, or any other location with the accompanying QLS Receiver Plate and provides a rapid transition between mounting points.
These holsters are offered in select fits for semi-automatic pistols and are available now. Cordura nylon finishes currently offered are MultiCam, Ranger Green, Coyote and Khaki with others to follow.