Zetron signed an agreement with GeoConex of Knoxville, Tennessee, that allows Zetron to label and distribute GeoConex’s newly created Next-Generation 9-1-1(NG9-1-1) CAD suite and distribute this version through Zetron resellers and direct sales channels.
The NG9-1-1 CAD suite includes an NG9-1-1 CAD, Mobile CAD, Next-Generation Map Viewer, and Standalone Automatic Location Identification (SALI). It is designed to integrate with Zetron’s award-winning MAX Call-Taking system, which is now shipping. Both MAX Call-Taking and the NG9-1-1 CAD suite are based on cutting-edge technology that allows information to flow between the call-taking and CAD systems.
Benefits of the combined solution
Combining the NG9-1-1 CAD suite with MAX Call-Taking enhances 9-1-1 call-taking operations in important ways, including the following:
- Operators can link caller records and CAD records to a single incident. This allows operators to retrieve call-history records that also include data from CAD.
- Operators can answer or dial calls directly from the map.
- Operators can use a single sign-on to access both the CAD and call-taking systems.
- Multi-media information, such as video, photos, and text messages, can be sent directly from the call-taking position to CAD.
- The system’s support for a SIP softphone allows the mobile CAD unit to serve as an integrated console or data terminal.
Based in Knoxville, Tennessee, GeoConex Corporation has been serving the public-safety industry since 2001. GeoConex is a leading developer and integrator of public-safety and Homeland Security systems. GeoConex provides comprehensive and integrated services to government agencies in U.S. municipalities, counties, and states. For more information, visit www.geoconex.com.