Dual Purpose Patrol / Explosives Detector Dog & Handler Course:
K9 Global's patrol dogs are trained in handler protection; attacking with or without command if the handler is attacked.
Police K9 is trained to guard criminal suspects while searched by handler, searching for criminals in open areas (fields), buildings and other such locations.
Patrol & bombs handler training is designed to train a person on how to handle an attack trained / explosive detector dog; student handler will receive basic skills in the safe and effective handling of a dual purpose dog, search techniques for explosives / bombs concealed in buildings, vehicles, open areas, luggage and packages will be developed.
Handlers will be able to use wind currents effectively to enhance the dog's detection and patrol abilities.
Each handler will be able to maintain accurate training and use records for development of proficiency and corrective training should it ever be required.
Bomb dogs can be trained to detect many explosives per request; please contact us for more information on the explosives available.
COURSE OF INSTRUCTION
- Obedience for dog handlers
- Kennel maintenance and sanitation
- Maintaining your working dog covering, feeding, health, and maintenance.
- Working dog first aid and safety precautions
- Principles of conditioning, this covers how dogs learn to perform as a police service dog.
- How to safely and effectively deploy a patrol K9.
- Safety associated with handling the patrol police K9.
- Building search tactics for hidden suspect(s) using the dog.
- Students will learn to use the wind to find hidden suspect(s) in open areas using their dog.
- Students will learn to apply obedience in a tactical environment, leash control, search speed, and behaviors of their assigned dog.
- Students will learn how to stop their K9's attack prior to and during contact.
SEARCH PATTERNS AND TECHNIQUES FOR DETECTOR DOG HANDLERS:
- Open area search
- Aircraft and bus searches
- Wind currents
TRAINING AND USE RECORDS FOR DETECTOR DOG HANDLERS:
- Records, why keep them and how to keep them?
- Training records
- Utilization records
- Training forms and recording data
- EDD Team general safety search techniques
- Explosives Safety, Identification and Characteristics
- Controlling Explosive Training Aids, and Safety
K9 PATROL / EXPLOSIVES DETECTOR DOG & HANDLER COURSE:
K9 Global also offers dual purpose K9 handler training designed to train a person on how to handle a dual purpose patrol and bomb detector dog. The course is designed to meet the training needs of agencies that have dual purpose patrol and explosives detector dogs but the handlers have changed.
The training is done at GTA's location.
It is important to remember even in training you are dealing with very dangerous substances. With careless actions you can cause severe damage or bodily injury. We will teach you everything you need to know to conduct your searches safely.
TIME OF DETONATION
In some actual searches time is critical; and with that in mind, training is conducted to prepare teams for that situation.
BOMB THREAT RESPONSE
General Safety of all explosive searches should be taken seriously. On bomb threat responses, all safety protocols should be implemented, with all potential explosive device scenarios taken into consideration. Remember that EDD teams take calculated risks, not foolish ones.