The e-Desk kiosk is the vision of a Chicago area police detective to develop a more efficient way of handling citizen traffic inside police stations. Together with Entropy USA, the kiosk acts as an assistant to desk officers during high traffic hours or when the front desk is closed. It allows citizens with general inquiries to get the answers they need, while allowing the desk officers to focus on higher priority cases.
Its capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Paying fines
- Submitting anonymous crime tips
- Filing reports
- Requesting services such as vacation watch
- Contacting or leaving a message for a detective/officer
- Researching neighborhood crime statistics
- City information
- Getting directions if lost
e-Desk is extremely user friendly, allowing for quick navigation, which then leads to quick answers. The software can be completely customized for every department’s specific needs, and is able to be updated at any time.