ACR Electronics today announced that ResQLink, the world's smallest 406 MHz Personal Locator Beacon (PLB), is FCC approved and is now being shipped to dealers and is for sale to consumers in the U.S.
Manufactured by ACR Electronics, part of Cobham Commercial Systems, the ResQLink is small and light enough to hold comfortably in one hand yet powerful enough to guide rescuers to within 100 meters or less of the user's position in a life-threatening emergency.
At just 4.6 oz (130 g) and 3.9 in (10.0 cm) tall, the ResQLink offers a lot of punch in the smallest and lightest package available today. It combines ease of use and ACR technology to give law officers,pilots, boaters, and outdoors enthusiasts a powerful and accurate safety companion, ready for action at the simple push of a button.
Add the 406Link.com subscription service (www.406link.com) and ResQLink can be tested through the Cospas Sarsat satellite system, assuring owners their beacon is ready when needed.
With three levels of integrated signal technology (GPS positioning, a powerful 406 MHz signal, and 121.5 MHz homing capability) the ResQLink, with its reusable antenna, quickly and accurately relays critical emergency position to the Cospas-Sarsat International worldwide network of rescue satellites.
The waterproof ResQLink broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where the sender is, but who they are. The onboard
66 channel GPS can quickly fix the sender¹s position to within 100 meters and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay the distress call to orbiting satellites. As local Search and Rescue is deployed, a separate homing signal and integrated LED strobe light guide rescuers to the sender¹s exact position.
Two built-in tests allow users to routinely verify that the ResQLink is functioning and ready for use with the push of a button, users can easily test internal electronics and GPS functionality.
Advances in circuit board design and power management have allowed for a smaller battery pack and continuously operating strobe.
A PLB is a satellite-signaling device of last resort, for use when all other means of self-rescue have been exhausted and where the situation is deemed to be grave and imminent, and the loss of life, limb, eyesight or valuable property will occur without assistance. All beacons must be registered.
There are no monthly service fees required for 406 MHz beacons.
- 3.3 cm by 4.8 cm by 9.9 cm (1.3 inches by 1.9 inches by 3.9 inches)
- Weight: 130 g (4.6 oz) with lanyard
- Battery: Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium batteries, meets DOT and
- IATA rules for safe transport
- Deployment: Manual
- Activation: Manual
- Operation: 2 steps: deploy antenna, press ON button, giving clear view to the sky
- Waterproof: 5 m (16.40 ft) @ 1 hr. 10 m (33 ft) @ 10 min. Factory tested at 21º C (70º F), exceeds RTCM waterproof requirements
- Operational Life: Exceeds required 24 hours @ -20º C (-4º F); 30 hours typical
- Certification: Cospas-Sarsat and FCC, Canada and R&TTE (Pending)
- This equipment may not be marketed or put into service in the EU until it is in compliance with the R&TTE Directive
- Accessories: PN 9521 Flotation Pouch