A full head-on front view of the GD2000 on a white background.
A 3/4 facing left turned view of the GD2000 on a white background.
A 3/4 turned facing right view of the GD2000 on a white background.
A top closed view of a GD2000 on a white background.
A back side view of the GD2000 on a white background.
A turned left 3/4 view of the light gray GD2000 on a rock bed.
General Dynamics Itronix introduced its fully rugged, pocket-sized GD2000. About the size of two stacked paperback books, the GD2000 provides the ultra-mobility of a handheld computer with the powerful performance of a full-sized notebook. The ideal combination of size, weight and power, the GD2000 weighs just over two pounds and comes equipped with the Intel Ultra Low Voltage Core Solo processor, highly sensitive GPS and a 5.6-inch daylight-viewable DynaVue touch-screen display.
For military, law enforcement, emergency first responders and field service personnel working in environments where conditions are harsh and space is limited, the fully rugged GD2000 delivers mission-critical wireless, full-power computing.
Key features of the GD2000 include:
- Battery-conserving, sunlight-viewable DynaVue touch screen display delivers crisp, clear images of maps and videos in full sunlight.
- New zoom-in/zoom-out keyboard button lets users quickly and accurately adjust map and image views.
- Integrated hard drive slot enables users to easily swap hard drives without tools.
- ‘On the fly’ Lithium-ion battery changes improve user productivity.
- Updated Trusted Platform Module security chip and user authentication software protect the GD2000 from unauthorized access.
- Fully integrated, high-sensitivity SIRFstarIII GPS
- Wireless WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Ergonomic 77-key backlit keyboard
- Six-hour battery life and EnergyStar rating
- MIL-STD 810G certification
- Ingress Protection (IP) 54 rated
- Size: 1.8 inches x 6.6 inches x 4.8 inches
- Weight: 2.4 pounds
- Display: 5.6 inch, 1024 x 600 LED display (meets MIL-STD 3009 for outdoor display contrast)