Panasonic announced upgrades to its semi-rugged Toughbook 53 notebook computer. Panasonic’s semi-rugged notebooks have built a reputation as reliable and versatile devices that deliver high-performance computing in demanding markets like insurance, construction and the military. The updated Toughbook 53, the latest in the line of products that created and continues to define the semi-rugged category, is now available with an Intel Core i5-3320M vPro processor (3MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology. Other upgrades include expanded storage and improved connectivity options.
Panasonic Toughbook 53: Key Upgrades
- Faster processor: Intel Core i5-3320M CPU (3MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Expanded storage: Up to 500GB 7200rpm HDD with 4-8GB RAM, Optional 128GB, 256GB or 512GB solid state drives (SSD)
- Improved connectivity: Two USB 3.0 ports
- Improved battery life: delivering up to 11 hours per MobileMark 2007 testing
- Optional integrated GPS receiver capable of accuracy within 5 meters or less
- Optional integrated RFID/Contactless SmartCard reader or Insertable SmartCard reader for maximum flexibility
- Capability to run Battery Calibration Tool in background
For a full list of Toughbook 53 specifications, visit www.Toughbook.com.
The Toughbook 53 features a spill-resistant keyboard and was certified by an independent third party to pass nine MIL-STD-810G tests, including surviving 3 foot drops on 26 faces with 1 unit. The device also features a high-definition, 14-inch LED display and offers an optional 2-850 nit sunlight-viewable Panasonic CircuLumin touchscreen plus an adjustable backlit emissive keyboard, making it an ideal candidate in any lighting condition.
The Toughbook 53 offers a variety of embedded wireless technologies, including Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and optional 4G LTE or 3G Gobi mobile broadband.
Pricing and Availability
The Panasonic Toughbook 53 is available immediately from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at $1399. The Toughbook 53 includes a standard three-year limited warranty.
Toughbook 52 Upgraded
Panasonic has also upgraded its Toughbook 52 semi-rugged notebook PC with an ATI Radeon HD7750M dedicated graphics card, making it ideal for video-intensive applications. Other improvements to the device include the use of an Intel Core i5-3360M processor (3MB cache, up to 3.5 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology with vPro; an expanded 500GB 7200rpm hard drive; improved wireless with Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Wi-Fi technology and Bluetooth 4.0 and expanded connectivity with USB 3.0.
For a full list of Toughbook 52 specifications, visit www.Toughbook.com.