The Rock River Arms PDS Carbine and Pistol are the first of a new generation of firearms employing Rock River Arms’ Piston Driven System (PDS). Utilizing a purpose-designed bolt carrier, an adjustable gas piston and an over-the-barrel spring and guide rod arrangement, the Rock River Arms Piston Driven System is able to completely do away with the traditional recoil system, making for an extremely accurate, fast-handling and versatile weapon platform.
The new PDS Carbine has a full length top mounting rail from the rear of the receiver to the regulator housing, allowing flexible placement of numerous optics, lights, lasers and other accessories. The RRA side-folding 6-position Tactical CAR stock features a receiver extension storage compartment that nicely houses extra batteries for optics. The PDS Carbine hosts an injection molded handguard that is ribbed for a sure grip. The folding ambidextrous, non-reciprocating charging handles may be used independently or in unison to charge the RRA PDS Carbine. The RRA two-stage trigger made its way onto the long list of proven features aiding in accuracy. The two position adjustable regulator can be repositioned for reliability for versatility in ammunition usage and is conveniently located on the right side of the regulator housing.
The RRA PDS Carbine Specifications:
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO Chamber for 5.56mm & .223 cal.
- Upper: Proprietary, with Extended Top Rail
- Charging Handle: Proprietary Ambidextrous Non-Reciprocating
- Barrel: 16-inch Chrome Moly, 1:9 twist
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider/ ½-28 Thread
- Trigger: RRA Two Stage
- Pistol Grip: Hogue Rubber Pistol Grip
- Handguard: Injection molded, Ribbed
- Buttstock: RRA Side-Folding 6-Position Tactical CAR Stock with Receiver Extension Storage Compartment
- Weight: 7.4 pounds
- Length:stock unfolded/Extended - 37.75 inches
- Length:stock unfolded/retracted - 34.5 inches
- Length:stock folded - 26 inches