The Back Defender is a concealed duty belt suspension system that functions like a pair of suspenders. The difference between The Back Defender and regular duty suspenders is simple: The Back Defender is designed to be worn under an officer's shirt.
This effective internal suspender system does not require clothing modification. Police officers who have used The Back Defender have reported an 82 percent to 100 percent decrease in pain from symptoms caused by their current duty belts. Symptoms caused by duty belts such as: low back pain, knee pain, foot pain, kidney pressure, headaches, sleep loss, fatigue, hip bruising, and leg numbness/tingling. The Back Defender complies with all uniform codes - no one will even know you are wearing one.
The Back Defender has been proven to:
- Remove the weight of the Duty Belt off the hips and lower back.
- Alleviate most symptoms associated with the Duty Belt Curse.
- Allow officers the ability to perform at maximum performance standards.
- Help keep the shirts tucked in during physical activity.
- Prevent the need to adjust the duty belt when exiting the patrol vehicle.
- Allow officers to engage in foot pursuits without the need to hold onto the duty belt.
- Enhance weapon retention.-Enable the officer to stand pain free for longer periods of time without fatigue.