From Phoenix International, manufacturer of the MagnumSpike tire deflation device, the MagnumSpike! TDD has received the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Certificate of Conformance as an approved product for Homeland Security, under the Safety Act of 2002.
With the MagnumSpike! and prompt communications, officers can safely and quickly spike the perp's vehicle and apprehend the suspect every time before it turns into a dangerous high-speed chase. The 2 1/2-inch spikes never clog and deflate suspect's tires quickly and safely without causing them to lose control of their vehicle.
From sub-compacts to semis, every hit is a stop.
All MagnumSpike! models deflate any type or size of tire law enforcement comes across, even the self-sealing and the toughest run-flat tires tested by the National Institute of Justice. Reusable, the MagnumSpike! totally deflates car tires in under 300 yards; even on speeding buses or semis in under a mile, and run-flat tires in 2 1/4 miles without loss of control.
The 16-foot MagnumSpike! tire deflation device (TDD) is now available in a compact, lightweight case and comes with all the usual extras.
Features of the MagnumSpike! TDD include:
- Portable, lightweight and compact
- Deployable in seconds on any road surface and in any weather condition
- Instantly resuable and officer serviceable without tools
- Superior suspect vehicle control - drivers report no loss of control of the vehicle because of controlled, safe deflations
- Three-sided, 2 1/2 inch (60 mm) long spike
- Non-clogging design
- Rust-resistant hardware
- Rust-proof metal spikes easily penetrate multiple steel belts
- Deflates even semi and dump truck tires
- Each front tire picks up as many as 8 spikes
- and a FREE, certified train the trainer course