In equipping its software with enterprise capability, i2 has combined the DNA of its existing product portfolio -- including COPLINK, Analyst's Notebook and iBase -- to bring together investigative, analytical, operational and command level staff under one highly secure, open and scalable platform for the first time. i2's users -- from the beat cop to the senior commander to the intelligence analyst to the soldier on the front lines -- can now more easily and more effectively utilize technology to prevent crime and terrorism.
As such, all personnel within a given organization will have access to an environment that allows for seamless interaction with information in real time; enables teams to better configure intelligence data to support all phases on an investigation; and connects them to a wider community by searching across third party, public and proprietary data stores.
Key characteristics of the IOP include the following:
- Full enterprise-class capability including web front-end, field level-security and high scalability
- Easy to use web interface that is personalized based on profile and preferences
- Deployment flexibility that supports both tethered and untethered environments
- Leverages existing i2 portfolio and skills, as well as IT infrastructure to protect past investments and accelerate operational readiness
- Enhanced visualization to support multi-dimensional analysis
- Improved search, spider, seek and alerting capabilities for open source data exploitation